Unable to restore data after changing DBserver to SQL
After changing the DB server to MSSQL, We tried to restore the data from the backup file, but the restore didn't take place successfully so we followed those steps and everything worked perfectly.
Please follow the below steps and re-initiate the restore:
1. Please download the restoreData file restore file and rename it to restoreData.bat and place it under
Drive:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\bin and replace the one in the destination.
2. Stop the services of ServiceDesk Plus and invoke the changeDBserver.bat and create a new DB.
3. Now start the application service and wait for a couple of minutes and then try to access the application.
4. Once after you see the login page, please try to log in using the default credentials. After successful login, please stop the services of ServiceDesk Plus.
5. Now, open a Command Prompt with Admin Privileges and navigate to Drive:\ManageEngine\ServiceDesk\bin and invoke the restoreData.bat file like the below.
After following the steps above restore will take place successfully and you will be able to restore data.
You can use the restore file in any case if your facing restore failure.
Unable to hide default login box
Unable to hide default login box Option A: update globalconfig set paramvalue=‘false’ where globalconfigid=6; Option B: update globalconfig set paramvalue='false' where category='LoginInfo' and parameter='Show_LoginInfo_In_LoginScreen';
Database Warning : Your database transaction log file size has crossed the threshold
You are getting this email as a result of an enhancement that was made in the 11 version to notify administrators if the SQL Log File Size crossed the threshold. In Service Desk Plus, under Performance Settings in Admin/ESM Directory you have the ...
Service Desk services stopped on its own.
The reason for the crash is becauss the SQL database connectivity was lost. It's looks like this while checking the log file : [15:54:58:066]|[10-11-2018]|[SYSERR]|[INFO]|: 101603933 [ServiceDeskCommon-2] WARN tm.TransactionImpl - XAException: ...
Change Postgres Password
Problem :- Need to change the default password for postgres. Solution :- 1- connect to the database. 2- execute the below steps. servicedesk=# \password Enter new password : Enter it again : 3- Once execute it, do the below. - Open ...